FW: [Exim] Forced routes for specified domains, then use sma…

Autor: Darren Mackay
A: exim-users
Assumpte: FW: [Exim] Forced routes for specified domains, then use smarthost
Thanks,

| Yes it's possible. Create a router that looks something like:

| mailroute:
|   driver = domainlist
|   transport = remote_smtp
|   route_list = "*.domain1.com $domain bydns_a; \
|                 *.domain2.com $domain bydns_a; \
|                 * mail-hub.domain.com bydns_a"

I have to use the following to capture mail to the parent 'domain1.com' also
(subdomains of domain1.com were routed correctly).

   route_list = "*.domain1.com $domain bydns_a; \
                   domain1.com $domain bydns_a; \
                 *.domain2.com $domain bydns_a; \
                   domain2.com $domain bydns_a; \
                 * mail-hub.domain.com bydns_a"

otherwise mail bound for domain1.com is sent through the
'mail-hub.domain.com'. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

| Or you can omit the last entry of the routelist and let
| it fall through to your smarthost router.

This is what I tried to do in the first place. however, exim reports that
the next router is 'missing error type in line 320' where line 320 is the
beginning of the next router definition. The config that I have tried (and
produced this error) is:

    domain1-com:
      driver = domainlist
      transport = remote_smtp
      route_list = "*.domain1.com $domain bydns_a;"

    smarthost:              <-- note: this is 'line 320'
      driver = domainlist
      transport = remote_smtp
      smarthost = "* mail-hub.domain.com bydns_a"

What was I doing wrong?

Darren