RE: [Exim] Remote delivery problem on dialup

Góra strony
Autor: George Wright
Dla: 'Nigel Metheringham'
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Temat: RE: [Exim] Remote delivery problem on dialup
Thanks all for the responses,

I called my isp, and they said they could help me if I was using
Outlook or Eudora :0 , but otherwise I was out of luck.

Another user suggested putting a useable alias address
in /etc/email-addresses, so I'll try this over the weekend
to see if it helps get something in there that is "sensible."

I know I can alter my hostname in the /etc/exim.conf file, but
I am leary of this because 1) For it to be correct, I'd have to
add something in front of the '@' symbol (my isp name is
gtw3, my debian user name is gtw) and 2) I'm not the only
one who would be using exim as the mua, so if another user
sent mail it would have the wrong address on it and 3) that
may impact local delivery (which works well btw).

Again, thanks everyone for your help, George