Re: [Exim] Remote delivery problem on dialup

Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: George Wright, 'exim-users@exim.org'
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Remote delivery problem on dialup
GWright@??? said:
> 2001-01-11 15:20:43 14GoDD-0000hb-00 <= gtw@cyclops U=gtw P=local
> S=449 id=20010111152042.A2698@cyclops 2001-01-11 15:20:45

Unless that originator address is being rewritten elsewhere, I'd say
your problem is there.

I'd guess what happens is that the system at 207.172.4.99 is not
verifying sender addresses (bad idea), and accepting your mail. It
then tries to send the mail on to the final destination, which refuses
to accept it as gtw@cyclops cannot be verified. Then your smarthost
box is trying to send an error message back to you, but cannot route to
gtw@cyclops so from your point of view the mail just disappears.

If you send mail off your machine you *must* have the sender addresses
set to something sensible that you own.

    Nigel.