Re: [Exim] UseErrorsTo?

Top Pagina
Auteur: Tom Samplonius
Aan: IvanK.
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] UseErrorsTo?
On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, IvanK. wrote:

> I decided against Errors-To after all, in favor of a scrip that runs sudo as
> the desired user (who's selected to receive failed mails), and manipulating
> the From: header. That might not be elegant, but it's working, plus it
> avoids the problems you mentioned.
>
> Btw, the complication in my case was that the user to whom people reply is
> not the same as the one who should get the failed messages.

No problem. Envelope sender is not the same thing as From: MUAs use
the From: line for replies. MTA use the envelope for bouncing. MUAs
rarely care about the envelope, and might not even see it if MTAs didn't
commonly stuff the envelope sender into Return-Path.

You can use "-f" to specify the envelope sender on the command line. A
Exim trusted user can use this to specify any envelope sender.

> Thanks,
> IvanK.

Tom