Re: [Exim] UseErrorsTo?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Tom Samplonius
Para: IvanK.
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] UseErrorsTo?
On Wed, 10 Jan 2001, IvanK. wrote:

> If the mails go through, fine. If any one of the recipient's emails fails, I
> want the failure message to be sent to the email I specified in Errors-To,
> not the one in From:
>
> In sendmail's main.cf there's a way to do this: set UseErrorsTo=True.

Errors-To is junk. Sendmail doesn't recommend you turn that feature on,
and even if you do, other relays that you will send e-mail to still might
not (and should not respect it).

You should instead set the envelope sender to be the desired error
return address.

I sure hope you aren't intended to garbage all error returns. I can't
tell you how often I see the same stupid listserver connecting and trying
to send to a long dead account. I also had a customer who had a mailing
list, and was simply dumping all the returned e-mail rather than removing
people from the mailing list. Very bad.

Tom