[Exim] Rewriting of addresses (at SMTP time)

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Andromeda
Para: Exim
Asunto: [Exim] Rewriting of addresses (at SMTP time)
Hmmm,

Roger's been able to circumvent the checks on my box. I'm actually
intrigued by the way he did it. Now the question is, how do I prevent this
from happening again?

His dialog was:

helo hostname
mail from: nonexist.user@???
rcpt to: his.address@???
data
From: his.address@???
Subject: Relay test

Data.
.

Now... Exim shows that the address was rewritten... how do I get Exim to
verify either the rewritten part (i.e. his.address@???) or the
originally specified sender (i.e. nonexist.user@???)? Where in the
routers do I do this?

Ok Dave, so you win :) - It is not secure. It is however secure enough to
fend off 99.999% of the spammers so far (Roger's the first to actually make
it through, not even ORBS did). I want that last 0.001% to be kicked off too.

Any help is appreciated (and no, I cannot unset the infamous
host_accept_relay option due to the nature of the users).

Andromeda

- The Andromeda HTML Workshop - http://www.htmlworkshop.com/
Home of Search & Replace 98