[Exim] My apologies regarding virtual headaches

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Andromeda
Para: Exim
Assunto: [Exim] My apologies regarding virtual headaches
Everyone,

I should apologise for the stroppy attitude I displayed earlier. While
Philip, Dave and others have voiced their opinions regarding the safety of
relaying with the host_accept_relay option set to wildcard, I would like to
point to the fact that the mail host I am administrating is locked down
tightly, down to the point that some of my roaming users are getting
annoyed with me because they cannot send mail through it.

With sensible settings and proper virtual mail set up you CAN use
host_accept_relay with a wildcard safely. Your server WILL have some false
negatives, and your server WILL have to verify the message origin and
destination after the fact (which DOES confuse MUAs and spambots) before
rejecting the message. But the fact is that your server will NOT accept
messages that are not either originating from or destined for it.

That's my experience, and that's why I like Philip's idea for Exim 4 to do
a lot of the verification at MAIL FROM: and RCPT TO: time. In my
configuration it will only shift the point of rejection from after
accepting the message to before accepting the message.

Regards

Andromeda

- The Andromeda HTML Workshop - http://www.htmlworkshop.com/
Home of Search & Replace 98