Re: [Exim] forwarding problems

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Andromeda
CC: Exim
Asunto: Re: [Exim] forwarding problems
On Wed, 10 Jan 2001, Andromeda wrote:

> What are your settings? If you have a forwarding entry like this:
>
> blah: newaddress@192.168.0.3
>
> Enclose the IP address with square brackets. 192.168.x.x is not publically
> routable as far as I know... you would have to ensure that Exim knows about
> the LAN.

Make sure you enable the handling of "address literal" domains in the
Exim configuration. These days, they are not enabled by default.

It is *much* better to use names. That is, have an alias such as

blah: newaddress@???

and then set up a router for that domain:

special:
driver = domainlist
transport = remote_smtp
route_list = some.domain.of.your.choice 192.168.0.3 byname