Re: [Exim] Exim 4 ideas.

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim 4 ideas.
Quoth Ruth Ivimey-Cook on Fri, Jan 05, 2001:
> >         user = ${extract{uid}{$address_data}}
> >         group = ${extract{gid}{$address_data}}

> I like the thought, but am worried about two things:
> 1. I would like to be able to define my own names, rather than have to use
> a fixed name, so if I use this more than once I know the right one is being
> used.

I'd love to see real variables in Exim config file that you can
actually set and recall from anywhere and give them your own
names. Same about system filter. But, as everything else, it's
added complexity so I didn't even ask for it.

> 2. There must be a wy for the local_delivery to know that address_data
> has not been set for this mail (presumably because it took a different
> route) rather than use old/incorrect data.

Umm... I'm not sure.

> >Autoconf
>
> How about looking at using the conf-system from the Linux kernels?

I don't think it would be a good idea. Too interactive for my
tastes. A good idea would probably be to build several Exims
inside the same directory, _and_ configure built-in parameters in
a config file (a mix between GNU configure, current Exim config
system and BSD kernel config(8), perhaps?;)

> For a project I did, I implemented a slightly more user-friendly scheme.
> There is a bitmask, and you can set it to numbers, but normally you use names:
>
> log = all -a -b
> log = -all +b +c
> log = common

Cool.  And, from command line:
    exim -d+foo+bar-baz+quux

Vadik.

--
XVII:
    Software is like entropy.  It is difficult to grasp, weighs nothing,