Re: [Exim] Using Exim on a large volume fallback MX

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
Para: Kai Henningsen, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Using Exim on a large volume fallback MX
At 02:44 PM 1/6/01 +0200, Kai Henningsen wrote:

>Well, there are other user identification options. For example, I believe
>T-Online (not using Exim AFAIK) has their MTAs ask their RADIUS servers
>about user identity.

Not a bad idea ... but as it is, any ISP would definitely relay for its own
dialup pool, so this step used by T-Online is a handy way to locate the
customer fast for some reason (say enforcing their AUP on him for spamming).

However, AUTH / pop before smtp etc come in handy when you have several
roaming users, who need not necessarily be dialed into your dialin server
(webhosts which provide virtual domains with pop.yourdomain.com and
smtp.yourdomain.com for example).

Interesting ... thanks.

         --suresh

Suresh Ramasubramanian + mallet<@>efn.org