Re: [Exim] Using Exim on a large volume fallback MX

Autor: Michael Cope
A: Nigel Metheringham
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Using Exim on a large volume fallback MX
> On Fri, 5 Jan 2001, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> Unfortunately there has to be some "security through obscurity" with such
> filters, because if the bad guys learned to precise parameters they could
> fly just under them. But because it is in one ISPs interest to help
> another prevent spam, they might be willing to share technology privately.

Oooh, "The Super Secret Anti-Spam Club." Count me in :-).

Seriously, we seem to be able to stay ahead of the spammers for a month or
two, then they upgrade our weaponry. It's the new arms race.

Our customers are relatively happy because we offer a pretty good spam
blocking service (https://spaminator.earthlink.net/ if you're an Earthlink
member). We might need to start doing something similar on outbound. I
don't know if our terms of service currently allow that or not since on
inbound we are not deleting spam, just putting it in a separate box. And
even that required a change of TOS to make it default for new users.

--
Michael Cope
Unix System Administrator