Re: [Exim] Using Exim on a large volume fallback MX

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Michael Cope
Para: Yann Golanski
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Using Exim on a large volume fallback MX
On Fri, 5 Jan 2001, Yann Golanski wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 05, 2001 at 07:57:35AM -0800, Michael Cope wrote:
> > This is the fallback MX host for all of our mail
> > servers so any time an initial delivery fails at Earthlink it get's to
> > this box. Overall we deliver about 2 million messages a day to 4 million
> > recipieints.
>
> Yes, that's what we shift. What's your network output? Are you on
> gigabit?

Yes. The fallback box is on a gigabit. The POP and MX boxes have
public and private gigabit networks.

In case you are interested in the overall Earthlink mail architecture,
http://www.usenix.org/publications/library/proceedings/usits97/full_papers/christenson/christenson_html/christenson.html
is still somewhat accurate, especially the system diagram at the bottom.

I'll have to find out how much we are telling the outside world about our
current setup these days.

> Sometimes, smaller servers will be better than one huge one...

What are you talking about...an E3k is a small machine :-).

--
Michael Cope
Unix System Administrator