Re: [Exim] Using Exim on a large volume fallback MX

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Michael Cope
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Yann Golanski
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Using Exim on a large volume fallback MX
On Fri, 5 Jan 2001, Yann Golanski wrote:

> I am surprised you have 400k messages that cann't be delivered
> intantaously on the net. Even we, with 3 million users don't get that
> much. What's your setup?

I may be overcounting (I just parsed out unique QIDs from the sendmail
log) or this may be a result of deferred connections which build
up over several days. One of the main reasons we are doing this
project is to get our fallback processing faster. (My dad had an
earthlink->earthlink message which took 2 days to deliver because
it hit the fallback queue). I'll see if I can get a good number for the
daily load.

This is the fallback MX host for all of our mail
servers so any time an initial delivery fails at Earthlink it get's to
this box. Overall we deliver about 2 million messages a day to 4 million
recipieints.

> RBL and DUL lists are good. Otherwise, you are back to clever filter
> files and humans.

We've got this on the front ends, I suppose this is the way to really
attack the problem. We also have manual tools for despamming the fallback
queues, but this is very time intensive.

> > Any other experiences people would like to share about Exim in a
> > large volume environment is welcome.
>
> Sure, that's what we do...
>
> What exactly do you want to know?

Mostly, does it break and how? Do people upstream report any
problems. How much extra scripting and babysitting did/do you have to
do. I'm not particularily interested in local delivery since we have our
own software for that.

--
Michael Cope
Unix System Administrator