Re: [Exim] Planning for Exim 4

Top Pagina
Auteur: Jeffrey Goldberg
Aan: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Planning for Exim 4
On Fri, 5 Jan 2001, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Jan 2001, Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:
>
> > (!X or Y) and (!Z or W)

> Like this:
>
> deny X : !Y
> accept !Z
> accept W

Ah. It is that : operator which allows for conditions to be stated on a
particular ACL. I didn't take that into account.

Some real life examples where one might want this would be were generally
you use several RBLs, say MAPS and RSS, but wish to allow local users to
"opt-out" of individual blocking, so

deny listed MAPS : ! address = lsearch:maps-opt-out
deny listed RSS : ! address = lsearch:rss-opt-out

> Essentially, the existence of "deny" allows you to have a "vertical
> AND", if you see what I mean.

I do, but that is not the essential feature. It is that the ACL is
enriched with narrow scope conditionals on particular list members.

Cheers,

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg