Re: [Exim] Using Exim on a large volume fallback MX

Góra strony
Autor: michael
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] Using Exim on a large volume fallback MX
> For spam (generation) prevention I'd suggest:-

>   1. Lock down your dialups.  Dialups do not need to send direct SMTP
>      so either block them from doing so, or redirect them using
>      some form of layer 3 redirection to your mail server.
>      If people can send mail out without hitting your mail servers
>      then you are going to be a spam source.

I don't agree. For one, as a user I want full internet access and being
able to talk to any SMTP server that let's me talk to it. The ISP should
mark his block in the DUL, but otherwise let people talk to third party
SMTP relays. That's why we don't forbid customers to do so and combined
with quick abuse ticket processing to block users, it works pretty well.
Of course you need to be able to identify people and lock them out, e.g.
by blocking their phone number from dial up.

Michael