Re: [Exim] Using Exim on a large volume fallback MX

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Andromeda
To: Exim
Oggetto: Re: [Exim] Using Exim on a large volume fallback MX
At 04:22 05/01/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>We also would be interested in any tools people have to identify and
>remove spam. Remember, the less spam we send the less you get :-).

1. Make your users connect to your mailservers, and use specific incoming
and outgoing servers. What I mean with this is that spam mailers usually
insert fake Received: headers to throw people off track. Your outgoing mail
servers (used by the users to SEND email) could check for Received headers
in the message and bounce those back. You'll have to check though.

2. Restrict the amount of recipients that can be sent to. Spammers tend to
send spam with huge recipient lists. Yahoo and Hotmail already restrict
those to something like 20 recipients. If your users want mailing lists,
let them apply for those.

3. Use system message filtering to filter for specific starts or endings in
messages (newer spam messages have a disclaimer stating that it is sent in
compliance with some obscure law, or have a 1-888 unsubscribe number). You
can scan for either, and bounce the message back.

4. Use a POP-before-SMTP authentication scheme. Your user has to fetch mail
first before he can send email. This works quite well at Pair Networks and
other major ISPs and hosting providers. This will allow you to keep tabs on
the actual USER who is spamming, and zap his account in one go too. I
particularly like this one.

With Regards

Andromeda

- The Andromeda HTML Workshop - http://www.htmlworkshop.com/