Re: [Exim] Using Exim on a large volume fallback MX

Góra strony
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
Dla: exim-users, Johan Almqvist
Temat: Re: [Exim] Using Exim on a large volume fallback MX
mallet@??? said:
> How well would it scale on a setup like Earthlink's? Message body
> parsing can get quite resource-intensive.

I understand that the Energis (Planet/Freeserve) mail cluster uses exim
system filtering including message body, and they are pretty big. It
pushes the CPU usage up some, but on a big exim system CPU is not your
bottleneck - its disk (specifically fs synchronous operations) and
network. [The disk bottleneck is why filesystem choice is quite
important, and if you are using a big solaris box, the veritas
filesystem, with journalling pushed to a separate fast device (what
used to be the NFS accellerator pack) might just be a very good fit].

    Nigel.