Re: [Exim] Planning for Exim 4

Top Pagina
Auteur: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
Aan: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Planning for Exim 4
On Thu, 4 Jan 2001, Philip Hazel wrote:
> My current feeling is that the "ACL" offers significant advantages.
> (Probably, it should be called a "recipient control list".)

The name "recipient control list" would confuse me.

I think of my system as allowing my users to send any mail,
and controlling who can send mail to them.
Therefore, apart from trivial cases, it is the sender that the I am
controlling, not the recipient.
Analysis may show that my rules do something else, but that is the
way I think of them. If I saw "recipient control list" in the index, I
would think I wasn't interested, but "access control list" or "sender
control list" would sound relevant.

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison        Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
A.C.Aitchison@???    http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna