Re: [Exim] Using Exim on a large volume fallback MX

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Johan Almqvist
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Using Exim on a large volume fallback MX
On Fri, Jan 05, 2001 at 06:01:48PM +0530, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> Michael Cope rearranged electrons thusly:
> > We also would be interested in any tools people have to identify and
> > remove spam. Remember, the less spam we send the less you get :-).
> http://www.mail-abuse.org/rbl and http://www.mail-abuse.org/dul will do the
> trick (after which, a lot of log-watching + local blacklisting takes care of
> the rest) :)
> Otherwise, "content-based" filters for spamming are a big risk, IMHO at least.

I think Michael was more intrested in identifying spam that originated
from his own users... Using DUL to block your users from your own mail
server may not be such a good idea.

Limiting the maximum number of recipients for every message and the
maximium number of messages per SMTP sessions are two possibilities, but
you'll always stop some legit mail too... Tarpitting is a gentler aproach,
but may also be less effective.

Some really braindead spamming software sets specific headers, messages
with those in them could be bounced (I don't think you should ever just
let messages disappear).

-Johan
--
Johan Almqvist