Re: [Exim] Exim 4 ideas.

Top Pagina
Auteur: Philip Hazel
Aan: Theo E. Schlossnagle
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Exim 4 ideas.
On Wed, 3 Jan 2001, Theo E. Schlossnagle wrote:

> I would really like to see a module interface so that I could write my own
> modules into exim that could "interfere" or "observe" the transactions as they
> happen. Think ala Apache (2.0).

Thank you for those idea, which are interesting. It seems to me that my
best approach at present it to bear them in mind when making the changes
necessary for Exim 4, so that once the basic structure has settled down,
this kind of addition can be made.

The only disadvantage I see to this is one of performance. Exim starts
up new processes and re-initializes itself frequently. Thus, it would be
this wouldn't matter much. (The modules would remain in a cache, and
their initialization could be made fast.)