[Exim] Re: Planning for Exim 4

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] Re: Planning for Exim 4
Thanks to everybody who has commented so far. Useful and
thought-provoking comments.

I've received some other comments in personal mail from people who are
not on the exim-users list. A couple of their points are worth posting
for general discussion:

1. A radical suggestion for incoming policy controls is not to have
something like accept_recipient or an ACL list, but instead to add
facilities to the routers, so that "verifying" a recipient address does
all the checking, not just the delivery bit. I'm not at all sure about
this. I feel it may end up with "verify_only" routers that have all the
conditions on them. You might just as well keep these conditions away
from the delivery routers. Hmm. Maybe there should be a separate list of
routers for verification only?

2. Another suggestion pointed out that the distinction between the
different kinds of router option isn't very clear (some are
pre-conditions, some are post-conditions, some are data). A way of
making them clearer was requested. Another suggestion was that the order
of the conditions should matter (at present, order of options does not
matter). There was also a suggestion for a syntax such as:

  router_name:
    decline_unless condition = ...
    defer_unless require_files = ...
    fail_unless domains = ....

and so on, again with the order mattering. This is getting more radical
than I was contemplating.

Views?