Re: [Exim] Re: Planning for Exim 4

Top Pagina
Auteur: Suresh Ramasubramanian
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Re: Planning for Exim 4
Brian K. West rearranged electrons thusly:

> I for one would love to see hooks to allow virus scanning to be called
> from exim.. I currently run Amavis and exiscan on diff boxes.. so far
> Amavis out performs exiscan about 1000%, Exiscan serializes the mailq

Something like Amavis could be integrated into exim - but if this goes on, Exim
will become much more bloated than a certain kitchen sink which serves as a
browser + mua + newsreader + editor + .... and Makes A Computer Slower :)

Amavis plugs into exim quite well though ... so it could be included as an
"added extra" when compiling exim. Putting HAS_AMAVIS_SUPPORT=y (say) in exim
would automatically add the proper lines to the exim configure file. Then
you'd just build amavis on your box and add something like the kaspersky
antivirus engine.

    --suresh

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian <--> mallet <at> efn <dot> org