Re: [Exim] Exim Config Problems(cc: and aliases)

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Kurt Colhoun
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Exim Config Problems(cc: and aliases)
On Thu, 28 Dec 2000, Kurt Colhoun wrote:

> Someone remotely sends an email to my domain('mydomain.com'). It doesn't
> matter who the primary recipient
> is, but the message has to be carbon copied(cc:'d) to
> 'someuser@???'. If 'someuser' actually
> has an account on my Linux server, as well as on my Exchange Server,
> everything works fine. However,
> if 'someuser' is actually an alias(would look like "someuser: anotheruser"
> in /etc/aliases), the message
> disappears - no bounce-back, no log entries, or anything.

Not even a "message received" entry? If that is truly the case, then the
message never got into your system. There should be some kind of logging
for why not (check rejectlog).

If the message did arrive, there should be logging for why it was not
delivered.

Suggestions for investigating:

. Try Exim -b9 -bt someuser@??? to see if it is handling the
alias address correctly. Try also with -bv if you have receiver_verify
turned on.

. Try sending a message on the local host, to check that the delivery
phase works (or does not).

. Try telnetting to your port 25 and putting in an SMTP message by hand,
to see if the message is accepted correctly.