Re: [Exim] Half an exim

Top Pagina
Auteur: Dave C.
Aan: Art Edwards
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Half an exim

Well, I've found the following oddity. Whatever is at the address given
for your IP address, is accepting connections on port 25, and
immediately closing them. (See below for the transcript) This doesnt
seem right..

The MX records are basically advertising to the world: "If you want to
send mail to this domain, connect to this host", but you are then not
accepting connections at that host from the world. If I tried to send
mail to that host, my exim would try to connect there, and fail, and
then it would fallback to the 20 MX.. Now, if you are not accepting
connections from that host either, then no mail can ever get to your
host...

If you want al mail to go to the mail.thuntek.net host first, and not
to go directly to "buckhill", you should remove it from the MX-list,
and have an internal routing rule on mail.thunktek.net to route to
you..

$ dig icantbelieveimdoingthis.com mx

icantbelieveimdoingthis.com. IN MX 10 buckhill.icantbelieveimdoingthis.com.
icantbelieveimdoingthis.com. IN MX 20 mail.thuntek.net.

$ telnet 206.206.9.132 25
Trying 206.206.9.132...
Connected to 206.206.9.132 (206.206.9.132).
Escape character is '^]'.
421 eagle1.csi.cc.id.us Sorry, you are not authorized to make this connection.
Connection closed by foreign host.