Re: [Exim] Half an exim

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Chris Snell
Para: Art Edwards
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Half an exim
On Sun, 31 Dec 2000, Art Edwards wrote:

> I can send mail anywhere from my firewall machine and I can receive mail
> from any local machine. I cannot, however, receive any mail from
> machines off of my local network. I have tried using the -d9 option on
> an external machine. It appears to try to use my firewall machine but
> then deems it "unusable." Can anyone tell me what thie means.

This sounds like a classic firewall issue to me. Have you tried
telnet'ing from a UNM machine to your MX machine (port 25) and manually
sending a test mail? It looks to me like your firewall rules are not
permitting inbound connections to the smtp port on that machine:

chris@shrubbery [511] 13:14:42 [~]-> telnet buckhill.icantbelieveimdoingthis.com 25
Trying 206.206.97.132...
telnet: connect to address 206.206.97.132: Operation timed out
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

chris@shrubbery [512] 13:17:06 [~]-> ping buckhill.icantbelieveimdoingthis.com
PING buckhill.icantbelieveimdoingthis.com (206.206.97.132): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 206.206.97.132: icmp_seq=0 ttl=48 time=132.201 ms
64 bytes from 206.206.97.132: icmp_seq=1 ttl=48 time=111.608 ms
[...]

Make sure that your firewall is allowing both the incoming and outgoing
halves of a connection. Depending on the firewall you use, you should be
able to turn on firewall debugging and see the inbound connections be
rejected.

Chris