Re: [Exim] Can ANYONE help with this problem?

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Philip Hazel
To: George R. Kasica
CC: exim-users, Majordomo-Users
Oggetto: Re: [Exim] Can ANYONE help with this problem?
On Wed, 27 Dec 2000, George R. Kasica wrote:

> I've been seeing this type of message sent back to me by majordomo
> 1.94.5 and exim 3.16 since I installed it in June or so....it doesn't
> appear to be a REAL error since the digests are created and do go out
> but its VERY annyoing...any ideas on what causes this or how to fix
> it? I'm stumped....

This is an amusing one. I think I might know what is going on.

> >A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
> >recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:
> >
> >  skunk-works-digestify@???:
> >    generated |/home/majordom/wrapper digest -r -C -l skunk-works-digest skunk-works-digest-outgoing

> >The following text was generated during the delivery attempt:
> >
> >------ |/home/majordom/wrapper digest -r -C -l skunk-works-digest skunk-works-digest-outgoing ------
> >
> >LOG: 0 MAIN
> > <= owner-skunk-works-digest@??? U=majordom P=local S=35844
> >Exim version 3.16 debug level 1 uid=8 gid=12

This is Exim debugging output. What I think is happening is that your
majordomo is calling /usr/slib/sendmail (or /usr/lib/sendmail) to send
out the outgoing message with the -d option. This is causing Exim to
generate debugging output. This output is going to stderr, which is
still connected to the Exim that is delivering the original message - so
it sends it back as a bounce message.

Check your majordomo configuration. Somewhere there will be some setting
that defines how it sends out messages.