[Exim] Re: Detecting case of headers in a system filter

Autor: Ben Smithurst
A: Tabor J. Wells
CC: ph10, exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Re: Detecting case of headers in a system filter
Tabor J. Wells wrote:

> Given a message's headers that look like:
>
> DATE: 10 Dec 00 4:52:20 PM
> FROM: W58hj1lcy@???
> SUBJECT: Your financial future
>
> Why doesn't the line in my test filter:
>
> $message_headers matches "DATE: .*FROM: .*SUBJECT:"
>
> match these headers?

"." doesn't match \n by default, insert "(?s)" at the start of the
regular expression for that.

> I realize that this doesn't deal with the issue of case either, so my
> next question would be how do I ensure that I match only when these
> headers are uppercase.

uh, I thought regexes were case sensitive by default. They are in Perl
at least, if Exim changes that somehow then perhaps "(?-i)" at the front
might make it case sensitive again, I'm not sure.

--
Ben Smithurst / ben@??? / PGP: 0x99392F7D