Re: [Exim] Detecting case of headers in a system filter

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Tabor J. Wells
Para: ph10
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Detecting case of headers in a system filter
On Fri, Dec 22, 2000 at 09:04:49PM +0000,
Philip Hazel <ph10@???> is thought to have said:

> On Fri, 22 Dec 2000, Tabor J. Wells wrote:
>
> > There's a particular spamware product out there that has a specific
> > pattern of setting some headers all in caps (and I don't mean the contents
> > of the headers, but the header fields themselves, like From: etc). Does
> > anyone have any suggestions on how I could match on that?
>
> $headers contains all the headers, concatenated, with their names
> included.

Just got around to playing with this today and I noticed
that the variable is actually $message_headers.

However I'm having some trouble with this.

Given a message's headers that look like:

DATE: 10 Dec 00 4:52:20 PM
FROM: W58hj1lcy@???
SUBJECT: Your financial future

Why doesn't the line in my test filter:

$message_headers matches "DATE: .*FROM: .*SUBJECT:"

match these headers? I realize that this doesn't deal with the issue of
case either, so my next question would be how do I ensure that I match only
when these headers are uppercase.

Thanks,

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality