Re: [Exim] many questions

Autor: Dave C.
A: Jeffrey Goldberg
CC: Dan Lowe, Philip Hazel, Hana Breyer Priselac, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] many questions
Actually, I beleive some of the latest Microsoft clients may actually
use correct MIME-types (I could be wrong though).

This is a dodge by microsoft so that proper mime tools STILL can't
recognize their files, even when it is a standard format rather than
some proprietary MS stuff. The use the 'extension' to determine what
the file is. Of course it works in an MS-to-MS environment, so if you
can't interpret in in your non-MS product, it must be the non-MS
system's fault..

Its appalling how far out of their way they will go to not be
interoperable with non-MS systems. (And if you think it isn't
intentional, then the only other explanation is ignorance and
inability to understand RFC text)