Re: [Exim] Filter mania with hide_child_in_errmsg (cont...)

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Andromeda
CC: Exim
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Filter mania with hide_child_in_errmsg (cont...)
On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, Andromeda wrote:

> With the option you get:

>   an undisclosed address
>     (generated from andromeda@???)
>     <no fail text>

OK, I'll investigate, but maybe not now until the New Year.

Oh, wait a minute. Perhaps I did this deliberately, because the "fail
text" might well contain the undisclosed address (e.g. a remote host
returned it in an SMTP error message). Yes, indeed. Reading the code
shows that that is the case.

Maybe I can do better, and scan the error message for the undisclosed
address, and remove it. Hmm. I'm not so sure. Maybe even admitting that
the undisclosed address was for a remote host is something you don't
want to do. In effect, the "hide" option is saying "don't admit to
anything about generated addresses".

What do other people think?