Re: [Exim] manually resetting "retry time not reached after …

Top Pagina
Auteur: Marc Haber
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] manually resetting "retry time not reached after a long failure period"
On Tue, 19 Dec 2000 14:56:37 +0000 (GMT), Philip Hazel
<ph10@???> wrote:
>METHOD A:
>
>1. Put a test message on the queue without delivering it, using "exim -odq".
>
>2. Force this message to be delivered using "exim -M". If it succeeds,
>the retry data will be reset.

This will actually deliver a message to the target, so one has to
write something meaningful, and think up sensible headers.
Uncomfortable.

>OR METHOD B:
>
>Read up about the exim_fixdb utility, and use it to delete the relevant
>retry record(s).

*yuck*

>I'd recommend method A as being easier.

Yes.

May I have a wishlist entry for a command line option that does Method
A without actually delivering a message, or simply sets the next retry
time in the database to "now"?

Greetings
Marc