Re: [Exim] maximizing mail thruput ?

Góra strony
Autor: Ian Southam
Dla: mark david mcCreary
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] maximizing mail thruput ?
On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 08:00:28AM -0600 mark david mcCreary wrote :

>     deliver_queue_load_max = 18
>     remote_max_parallel = 7

> Or can I just increase the load factor to 100 and let it ride ?

With a load that high, your machine is just not going to do anything useful
really (unless it has got 50 processors <grin>).

I would suggest you leave the max load at ouround 6 or 7 and bump up the
parallel connections to at least 100, providing you have the bandwidth to
handle that - high if you can.

In short, experment a bit but, IME with exim for huge mailing lists, setting
the max_parallel as high as you can generally helps a good deal.

--
Ian