Re: [Exim] (I hope) Simple Problem

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Christian Froemmel
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] (I hope) Simple Problem
On Sun, 17 Dec 2000, Christian Froemmel wrote:

> I run the Mail-Relay for 5 Sub-Mailexchangers. And one of those 5 make
> problems. The local Admininstrator there is going to change his system to
> a newer release of the mailserversoftware (he currently uses some wierd
> Novell-Stuff, don't ask what ;). Therefore he wanted me to do a setup,
> that I can hold a copy of each mail which (the main) exim is passing
> through to his mailserver. So far so good, I currently use an
> system-filter to do that and it works just fine with adresses like
> "foobar@???" since I do a test on "$header_to:
> contains "@submailer.ukbf.fu-berlin.de"". But the problem is, some
> mail-adresses of his mailserver gets resolved from a large alias-table on
> my (main-) system (so foo@??? gets changed to
> fou@???). And then my filter is not triggered.
>
> Is there any field in the header, that contains the "real"-destination
> (fou@???) which I can use in my system-filter-test
> ?

No. And certainly not in the system filter, which is run at the start of
delivery, before the expansion of any aliases.

Header lines do not necessarily bear any relationship to where the
message is actually delivered.

When an individual address is being directed or routed, $local_part and
$domain contain what you call the "real" destination.

What you probably want to do instead is to put in an extra director,
with "unseen" set, to take copies of messages that are actually being
delivered to the relevant addresses.