Re: [Exim] Do you understand this bounce?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Dave C.
Cc: Andromeda, Exim
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Do you understand this bounce?
On Sat, 16 Dec 2000, Dave C. wrote:

> Hrm.. 'sender_verify_fixup' will fix the envelope sender, if one of the
> From:, Sender: or Reply-To: address can be verified.. I dont beleive
> these are any fixup options to correct a To: header.

There aren't.

> However, a rewrite rule might work..

Unfortunately not, since rewrites match the "working" parts of
addresses, not the comment parts.

> All this is assuming you want to work around broken MTA's and MUA's
> that talk to you, and not require that they send valid messages in the
> first place

Quite. However, note that by default, Exim does not check header lines.
This problem was detected because the check was explicitly turned on.

You *could* perhaps kludge your way round this by (a) disabling the
check and (b) doing amazing things with headers in a system filter,
along the lines of

  if <a test of the To: header for invalid syntax> then
    headers add "Old-to: $h_to:"
    headers remove "to"
    headers add "To: <with the new version, maybe referencing $h_old-to:>
    headers remove "Old-to"
  endif

But this is masochism.