[Exim] Re: Replacing Netscape Messaging w/ Exim and mailbox …

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: John Henders
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] Re: Replacing Netscape Messaging w/ Exim and mailbox format questions
In <5.0.2.1.2.20001211190005.03142408@???> tjagger@??? (Todd Jagger) writes:

>NMS uses some sort of maildir format by creating mailboxes in
>/var/spool/mailbox/${local_part}/inbox. Within the mailboxes each
>message is a separate file. IMAP users can create mailboxes anywhere
>within the main $local_part directory. The mailboxes are not owned by
>the user but by the mta user account and nobody as the group. I'm
>having a hard time getting Exim to duplicate this behavior, and maybe
>it can't, I dunno. Maybe that's a less than desirable configuration in
>the first place and it would be better to do something else while I'm
>under the hood.

>Has anyone done a migration from Messaging Server to Exim that could
>give me some pointers for transition?

I haven't had to move mailboxes but the format you describe above sounds
close to what courier IMAP uses. It uses a modified Maildir format,
where other created IMAP folders are stored in files inside the
${local_part}/Maildir directory. It would probably not be that hard to
write a script that reorganized the directories and copied the mail. You
would lose all the flags though, unless you can figure out how messanger
stored them and read them out.

Courier just needs exim to write the new mail to the user Maildir/new
directory once you've migrated the old mail.

--
  Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.