[Exim] LDAP lookups in header re-writing

Autor: Kevin J Collins
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] LDAP lookups in header re-writing
Hi, everyone -

I'm trying to get Exim to look the 'correct' mailname for a given
username using the site LDAP. I think I'm missing something, or I'm
not understanding the manual/faq.

What I've got is: (shown folded up - it's really a single line)

*@*.hw.ac.uk  ${lookup ldap {user=\"cn=authuser,dc=hw,dc=ac,dc=uk\"
        pass=********
        ldap:///ou=accounts,dc=hw,dc=ac,dc=uk?hwmailname?sub?(uid=$1)}
        {$value}fail}@??? frF

The ldap server is defined elsewhere as it is used in the traditional
aliases lookups and works quite successfully.

Can anyone help?

Thaks in advance,

Kevin

Kevin Collins, Computing Services  |   Tel  0131 451 3791
Heriot-Watt University, EDINBURGH  |
EH14 4AS, Scotland, UK             |   Fax  0131 451 3261