Re: [Exim] managing addresses (rewriting?)

Autor: Yann Golanski
A: David Watson
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] managing addresses (rewriting?)
On Fri, Dec 15, 2000 at 12:52:39PM +0000, David Watson wrote:
>     Hello,
>         I'd like users to be able to set theit MUA's so as to get replies to
> thair alias addresses (in /etc/aliases). However I would like to rewrite
> their aliases back to their proper names when they post to local addresses.

> For example: if I set my MUA to have me as Dave@??? I'd like
> externam mail to be marked as Dave@??? but internal mail to be
> David.Watson@???
>
> My problem is that I wat to rewrite the envelope sender as well as a couple
> of headers which I cant do at transport time, I can do the lsearch to
> reverse lookup the aliases in a file I have generated, but I can only apply
> it to all mails. Is there a way to rewrite a sender based on recipient?

I don't think there is, however it maybe possible to do that in a filter
file. I'll be messy...

Set a filter to add a weird head if the domain is local, and have the
re-write rule based of that?

Or you could parse every message to a perl script that would... but
that's down right evil.

--
Dr Yann Golanski                                      Senior Developer
         Please use PGP: http://www.kierun.org/pgp/key-planet