Re: [Exim] Require_files error has changed?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: John Horne
Cc: Exim Users List
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Require_files error has changed?
On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, John Horne wrote:

> Yes, I did see it but was unsure that it was 'relevant' to this instance -
> Exim wasn't panicing under 3.13 or 3.20. It says it should just fail the
> require_files condition, but it doesn't it prints out a message whereas it
> didn't before. My concern here is that we have a utility program to check
> mail addresses - which uses 'exim -d0 -bt' - and only expects to see the
> destination. I can easily enough stick in a bit to tell it to ignore the
> messages, but was unsure if exim 3.20 was *supposed* to print them or not,
> and especially so when '-d0' was specified. I'd rather only see the messages
> if '-d1' or greater is specified.

There is some confusion here - both mine and yours. The documentation
for -d says "A value of zero turns debugging output off and is the
default", but I'm not sure that I have implemented that entirely
consistently, so that your -d0 might have odd effects.

Anyway, I have checked out the code, and can confirm that it was indeed
the change that I referenced that has this effect. It is printing out a
message because you have turned debugging on. If you don't do that, it
will just fail the condition.