著者: Vadim Vygonets
To: 'exim-users@exim.org'
題目: Re: [Exim] Attatchments
Quoth Alastair Hardwick on Tue, Dec 12, 2000:
> On of our developers is trying to send a simple mail with a jpg attached
> using PHP with exim,
> when the mail is recieved he gets something like:

This is exactly how MIME-encoded messages look internally. What
you need is a mailer which understands MIME. mail(1), as far as
I know, doesn't (though it may depend on your OS). I use mutt,
but there are also elm, pine, exmh, various emacs-based mailers,
and horrors like Netscape Mail.

It all has nothing to do with Exim. Exim doesn't speak MIME at
all, and attachments, as far as Exim is conserned, are just a
part of the body.

> I am relatively new to Linux and Exim so I dont mind if I get 100 mails
> saying RTFM,

RTFM.

> however some help would be appreciated.

Above.

Vadik.

--
Yes, you can get an account if you promise not to wear ties
anymore.