Re: [Exim] Replacing Netscape Messaging w/ Exim and mailbox …

Author: Adrian Phillips
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Replacing Netscape Messaging w/ Exim and mailbox formatquestions
>>>>> "Barry" == Barry Pederson <barryp@???> writes:

This is presumably off topic as its more IMAP, but ...

<snip>

    Barry> In the NT version of NMS, it looks like each message is a
    Barry> separate text file, but with a 256-byte binary header,
    Barry> probably containg the flags for read, replied, etc.  Anyone
    Barry> know the details of that header?  I suppose it might be
    Barry> possible to write a translator that used the IMAP protocol,
    Barry> and opened up the an account on both the old NMS server and
    Barry> a new server, and copied the messages between them,
    Barry> maintaining any flags.

It should be relatively straight forward to write an application that
talks to the Netscape IMAP server and loads the folders and messages
into a new IMAP server, including setting READ flags. I did one half
of this when we went from an X400 mail server to the above,

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

--
Your mouse has moved.