Re: [Exim] more on Navidad.exe

Author: David Saez Padros
To: Doug S
CC: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] more on Navidad.exe
Hi !!

> I'm freezing questionable files (rather than bouncing them - politics),
> although in general I'm letting .exe files through - ie I took exe out
> of the system filter (by the way, it's WONDERFUL! we stopped over 50
> discreet virus copies in two months).
>
> I had to code a special rule to catch navidad.exe, but because of my
> relative ignorance of how to write the regular expression right, I
> couldn't quite get a "generic rule". Suppose I want to watch for
>
> anti_cih.exe
> avp_updates.exe
> happy99.exe
> navidad.exe
> siecho-no-ie.exe
> zipped_files.exe
>
> (which all belong to known viruses) and let other .exe files through -
> yet relatively painlessly add another .exe to the list when we have to
> watch for one ?

Maybe using lsearch you could do that. How do you freeze or bounce an
email that contains a specific file ?

--
Best regards ...

Keyboard: Device used to enter errors into the computer.

     David Saez Padros                  e-mail  david@???
     On-Line Services 2000 S.L.
     Trafalgar 78 2º 2ª B               voice   +34 93 315 15 93
     08010 Barcelona (Spain)            movil   +34 670 35 27 53
     http://www.ols.es                  fax     +34 93 268 35 90
     http://www.ols.es/~david/