Re: [Exim] SMTP auth & PAM

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Simon.Atack
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] SMTP auth & PAM
On Sun, 10 Dec 2000, Simon Atack (Uni) wrote:

> can you tell me what privilages exim runs pam under and how to get it so
> that it can open the database with username and password pairs in it?

From the FAQ:

Q0037: I can't seem to figure out why PAM support doesn't work correctly.

A0037: There is a problem using PAM on Linux with shadow passwords when the
       calling program is not running as root. Exim is normally running as the
       Exim user when authenticating a remote host. I don't know of an easy
       resolution to this.