Re: [Exim] Syntax of boolean options

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Brian Candler
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Syntax of boolean options
On Sun, 10 Dec 2000, Brian Candler wrote:

> Just a note about the parsing of boolean options, having debugged someone
> else's config file. Exim quite happily accepts lines of the form
>
>      freeze_tell_mailmaster = false

> but it seems that this actually sets the boolean to true. Of course, in this
> case the administrator should have written
>
>      no_freeze_tell_mailmaster

Those should be absolutly synonymous. Are you absolutely sure of this? I
have just set

freeze_tell_mailmaster = false

in a test configuration, and run "exim -bP freeze_tell_mailmaster" and
what it said was

no_freeze_tell_mailmaster

This was on Exim 3.20. I didn't actually test the option itself - but
course the "false" state is the default.

I suspect you have had some other problem which has produced confusing
symptoms. Please let me know more details if it looks like an Exim
problem!

[Note also that freeze_tell_mailmaster is a very old option which
isn't, IMHO, very useful these days.]