Re: [Exim] Lookup in flat file failing

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Martin Bialasinski
CC: Exim
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Lookup in flat file failing
On 8 Dec 2000, Martin Bialasinski wrote:

> # grep host_reject /etc/exim.conf
> host_reject_recipients = +allow_unknown:/etc/exim/blacklist
>
> # grep 195.65.227.21 /etc/exim/blacklist
> 195.65.227.21
>
> # exim -bh 195.65.227.21
>
> **** SMTP testing session as if from host 195.65.227.21
> **** Not for real!

> I don't quite understand why this fails.

It's nothing to do with your flat file. Because host_lookup matches the
calling host's IP address, Exim is doing a reverse DNS lookup to find
the host's name. It is this lookup that is failing. That is not a
problem unless Exim needs the host name. It goes on to check host_reject
(which you haven't set). You haven't quoted any more of the output ...
what it should next say is a test of host_reject_recipients. The output
of *that* test is what matters.