Re: Re(2): [Exim] Exim goes crazy

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Armin Hornetz
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Re(2): [Exim] Exim goes crazy
On Fri, 8 Dec 2000, Armin Hornetz wrote:

> exim 3.0.2 under SuSE Linux (6.x)

Quite an old release now.

> The problem vanished after restarting exim, but came back the other day.

I presume you mean restarting the daemon. I suppose it could mean the
daemon's memory is getting corrupted.

> The first thought was, that too many exim instances at the same time might
> confuse some shared memory or overload some string-allocations. But the
> logs show that there was no traffic for some minute and then the first
> mail after the pause could not be processed because of the corrupt path.

What happened to the message afterwards? Did the next queue run manage
to process it successfully, or does it continue to give the error? If
the error continues, it is extremely weird, because there's a new exec
of Exim for a queue run, i.e. a fresh copy of the configuration is read.

Hmm. That's not quite true. It is only true if you have set an exim uid
and gid so that the daemon is not running as root. Have you set an exim
uid and gid?