Re: [Exim] Problems with virtual domains

Top Pagina
Auteur: John Horne
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Problems with virtual domains
On 07-Dec-00 at 14:32:08 Rick Morris wrote:
>> > As you can see, after the first rewrite is done and the new address
>> > goes through the directors, it is passed back through a second
>> > time.
>>
> I actually tried using the new_director option in the virtual_rewrite
> director to just pass the address to the virtual director but at that
> point it still goes back through and rechecks the address because it is
> assuming the domain is local (as it should). I tried setting transport =
> remote_smtp at the second director but received this error:
>
> "remote_smtp transport called with no hosts set"
>
> It doesn't look like it's doing any kind of DNS lookup because it still
> thinks it's local. Is there an option to force this or is there some kind
> of director I can write that I can then push this address onto for remote
> delivery?

I haven't looked at this thread, but digging out your message(s) from the
archives, I would say that yes you need to set the transport. This will tell
exim that the message is to be delivered and how. Without it all exim has is
an address and the first thing it will do in determining where and how to
deliver it is to see if it is local or not. As such it will keep going
through the directors (if local) until it knows how to deliver the message.
Setting the transport wil tell it.

Regarding the 'hosts' message, I would say that all you need to do is include
on the transport a 'hosts = $domain' line - e.g:

  local_smtp:
    driver = smtp
    hosts = $domain

At our site I have left the 'remote_smtp' driver alone and created a new
transport ('local_smtp') as used above. Try it and see. You *may* need to
use the 'no_multi_domain' option on the transport - I know I had problems at
one time without it (in our old config I had it; in the new one I haven't -
odd :-) ). And if mail is going to be sent back to your mailhub itself then
you will probably need the 'allow_localhost' option.

John.

E-mail: jhorne@???