Re: [Exim] burst detector

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: John W Baxter
Para: Exim-Mailing-List
Asunto: Re: [Exim] burst detector
At 9:53 +0000 12/5/00, Smith, A.D. wrote:
>we have a computer on the network (a Macintosh) which every 4-6 months
>decides that it wants to repeat e-mailing ... it sends thousands of copies
>of the original e-mail per minute, is there any way to restrict the number
>of e-mails sent per minute from a particular user, or, more importantly,
>alert the systems admin team based on frequency?
>
>Unfortunately we do have to support this system (it always seems to be
>produced by the same user, but on one of a set of systems), and telling the
>user to change over to PCs/ Jump off a bridge are not options.

Switching away from Mac wouldn't be the answer, anyhow. There is a Windows
user at one of the counties in our service area who periodically spews
repeated copies of a message with a 1+ meg attachment at one of our users.
The first time, I blocked mail from the county server until they fixed the
problem...the second time it was fixed on their end before I could act (I
was going to write a user filter the second time).

--John