Re: [Exim] Full Queue

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Yann Golanski
Para: Smith, A.D.
CC: Exim Users List
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Full Queue
On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 03:48:11PM -0000, Smith, A.D. wrote:
> I'm getting full queues,
> Some of the internal e-mails are taking 20 minutes to send,
> I'm using exim -bd -q15m,
> is it just that the queue runners are taking their time? .. we usually have
> an average delivery time of 2.4 minutes for mails which don't encounter any
> problems ... this is working it's way up to 14 minutes.

What is your exim config -- hub? virtual? main server?
What is the size of your queue?
What does the error log say -- error and main?
What is the load of the machine?
What is the disk space and setup?
What is your memory usage?
What is your network speed and setup?
What is the internal file store?

If you get me answers to those, I maybe able to help, but I guess the
answer is in there somewhere.

You could always do a 'strace exim -q' and see what it gives -- but that's
probably over kill. I suspect the problem will be obvious as soon as you
answer the above.

> any help gratefully received,

\smile{ /usr/sbin/magic --work-dammit exim -q }

--
Dr Yann Golanski                                      Senior Developer
         Please use PGP: http://www.kierun.org/pgp/key-planet