Re: [Exim] SMTP service not found error

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John Horne
A: Exim Users List
Asunto: Re: [Exim] SMTP service not found error
On 05-Dec-00 at 13:55:26 Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, John Horne wrote:
>> However, I feel that the problem is more "why was this block of code
>> entered?" since it requires a specific configuration option
>> (daemon_smtp_port) being set and we do not use that option.
>
> The "port" option in the SMTP transport defaults to "smtp".

Hmm, yes I see that in the manual. However, perhaps I'm missing something
here. Within readconf.c to enter the block of code that produced the error
message (around line 2446) it states:

/* If there wasn't a -oX option and daemon_smtp_port was set, find the
port number from it. */

  if (daemon_listen && smtp_port < 0 && configured_smtp_service != NULL)
    {

Now 'daemon_listen' is set to 'true' in exim.c because we start it as -bd'.
'smtp_port' is less than 0 because it defaults to -1 (in globals.c).
But 'configured_smtp_service' is local to readconf.c and is initialised to
NULL. It only changes if the (old) 'daemon_smtp_service' option or the
'daemon_smtp_port' option is used.

We don't use the daemon_smtp_service/port options so
'configured_smtp_service' is NULL. Hence I am still at a loss to see why
this block of code was executed.

John.

E-mail: jhorne@???