Re: [Exim] System filter and error bounces

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
A: Ian D Crorie
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] System filter and error bounces
On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, Ian D Crorie wrote:

> As you'll no doubt all be aware, the exim system filter doesn't run
> on error bounces (i.e. those with envelope froms of <> ):
>
>    # drop out error messages here
>    if error_message
>    then
>      finish
>    endif

> However, we've recently received unsolicited mail with .EXE
> attachments which are forged to look like error bounces. Is there
> a good reason for having to let these slip through the filter?

That is mostly there as a defence against misconfiguring the filter
(which I find is embarassingly easy to do). Which is worse:
letting those attacks in or losing error messages when you make a
mistake and let the system throw all mail away ?

Not an easy choice for me.

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison        Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
A.C.Aitchison@???    http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna